Fong: I found some old notes on movie ideas. Thought I would share.
1. A documentary on empathy. Not the concept, but being able to physically empathize with someone. It would be over a course of a week.
- Day 1: a day without sight
- Day 2: a day without sound
- Day 3: a day without words
- Day 4: a day without legs
- Day 5: a day without arms
- Day 6: a day in poverty
- Day 7: a day in prejudice
2. Based on Do the Movies Have a Future? by David Denby, a “documentary” on the death of cinema. A satirical take on pop culture. Not sure how this will pan out. Maybe set in a dystopian future or alternate universe where the entertainment industry is not as prominent in society.
1. A convicted killer on the run finds refuge in the dorm room of four college students. Questions mortality. Based on the Christopher Dorner case a while back, where his motives and innocence were unclear, and all I wanted to know was the truth.
2. “Cuil” Theory = Kill Theory. The embodiment of psychopathic insanity – an exploration of the abstraction of thought as one delves into justifying murder.
3. A visual piece revolving around synesthesia, in the style of Drive.
4. A security agent of a celebrity becomes obsessed with the celebrity’s stalker and must hide his feelings from his family and the celebrity.
5. A gang of “bikers”, but use electric bikes instead of motorcycles. This one is more of a character idea.